15 Jun Senior Care Resource for family caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses and other loved ones.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of every four older adults falls every year. Of those falls, 20 percent are serious, resulting in a broken bone, head trauma, or a similar injury. And, falling once doubles one’s chance of experiencing another fall in the future. There’s no way to completely prevent falls, so it’s crucial to provide immediate help when a fall does happen. This is where home medical alert systems can be invaluable.
Medical alert systems allow seniors to stay independent while making sure help is available when needed. The devices can help prevent further injury or death after a fall or other emergency.
While many companies in the home medical alert industry are trustworthy, there are also those that mislead customers or try to profit from hidden fees. We’ve created this review to shed light on the top home medical alert options to help seniors and their loved ones choose a reputable and affordable home medical alert company.
- Aloe Care Health – Best for Remote Caregiving
- Bay Alarm Medical – Best for Customer Service
- MobileHelp – Best for Those Without a Landline
- Medical Guardian – Best for Premium Features
- Medical Alert – Best for Low Startup Costs
- LifeFone – Best Standalone Mobile App
- GetSafe – Best Hands-Free System
- Medical Care Alert – Best for EMT/EMD Certified Monitoring
- QMedic – Best for Compliance and Activity Monitoring
- RescueTouch – Best for Two-Way Communication